|Location:||United States of America, Abilene, TX|
|Birthday:||Apr 4 1975|
|Type:||project contract, full time employee, freelancer|
|Education:||Youngstown State University, Youngstown OH - Cmputer Science|
University of Phoenix - Software Engineering
|Experience:||Senior Systems Engineer|
London, UK/Tampa, FL
June 2012 – current
• Researched, developed, and implmented Linux systems level configurations
that reduced overall load and increased available capacity by over 70%.
Average load dropped over 7 points and maximized ability to host more
accounts per server.
• Designed and lead conversion of all servers from legacy MySQL databases to
current MariaDB. This ensured future-proofing and stabilized database
resources for first time in company history.
• Developed and maintains customized Linux kernel for CentOS 6 server,
bringing new features and technology opportunities for grwoth and expansion
as well as increased performance for client accounts.
• Created and maintained multiple RPM and Deb packages to update and
standardize server software across all shared machines
• Trains and supervises junior admins to ensure QA standards are met and staff
knowledge continually improves
• Documents and implements technical procedures in accordance with new
technology and industry best practices
• Designs and verifies all changes to system configurations, with a specialty in
implementing the best solution for each problem encountered.
• Implemented multiple layers of security to defend against brute force and
hack attacks, stopping the majority of them beofre they even get underway.
Level 2 System Administrator
Touch Support Inc.
West Lafayette, IN Apr 2011-April 2012
• Responsible for daily operation of well over 1000 servers including
preventative maintenance and emergency response
• Consistently performs a minimum of 50% above peers for tasks completed
• Provides end-user and third-party support for web, mail, and database servers
as well as LDAP and other specialized configurations
Software Maintainer and Packager
Sept 2011-May 2012
• Maintains and customizes upstream software for inclusion in Mageia Linux
(fork of Mandriva Linux) using RPM format
• Customizes applications and scripts to comply with Mageia guidelines andcoordinates with upstream developers for bug fixes
Helicopter Component Technician
Texas Aerospace Services, Inc.
• Provided final assembly and documentation for U.S. Army contracted
reconditioned and repaired helicopter parts.
• Verified Quality Assurance inspection discrepancies were corrected
• Accepted incoming lots of parts by verifying documentation and contract
System and Network Administrator
Carrier Management Systems, Inc.
• Responsible for systems design, configuration, and maintenance for over
200 Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris 8-9, and Windows Server systems.
• Provided support for over 35 Windows desktop and laptop systems and end
user support and training.
• Designed, configured, and maintained IPSec VPN connections to over 50
• Designed and implemented infrastructure consisting of Windows Server
2003, including Active Directory, email, web, and sandbox/VCS servers.
• Provided training and support for end user applications including Windows,
Microsoft Office System (2003, 2007), and various specialized applications.
• Responsible for security on all systems, including prevention and issue